Saturday, June 9, 2007

The Joys and Drama of Gross-Motor Dysfunction

me
(skips out of the door, leaving children behind with newfound babysitter, happy to have just an hour on my own...) Okaaay! G'bye!

Ben
Okehhh--oooooooohhhh... (crash as he falls down the last three stairs and knocks over and DESTROYS a lamp lurking there).

me
(thinking, to self) SO CLOSE! I almost made it to the car! DRAT! (re-enters the house, surveys the damage, hmphs at the complete impossibility of repairing the torchiere that now bears a striking resemblance to Marie Antoinette post the cake-eating remark...)

(aloud) You know, SOME people would have had the presence of mind to fall on the UGLY lamp that I've wanted to get rid of for years now...

Ben
SOME PEOPLE would stop and check and see if their son is okay after falling down the steps! Besides, the other lamp is all the way on the other side of the living room!

me
That torchiere really looked nice right there, too...

Ben
You mean in the space where it almost IMPALED ME? That lamp almost KILLED ME!

me
Ooooooooh, c'mon! I see no blood, no tears! What I see is a perfectly healthy looking boy standing next to a pile of toothpicks that used to be the best reading lamp in this living room!


An ad paid for by the "Home Schooling Moms of Spectrum Children are Not Saints" Council.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the name of that book that had short stories about Abraham Lincoln as a boy that you read to your boys?