Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Love Web 2.0 (The Update)



Yet another reason to madly covet the iPhone (you will be mine, most gorgeous piece of technology! I do not care if AT&T regularly drops calls on Long Island!) is iPhone apps: little programs that one can purchase to customize the iPhone experience...little apps that may be built upon creative commons-licensed bits of data, for instance.

Enter: Schmap! An app that maps your destination for you AND provides you with pictures of top points of interest. A very nice representative from Schmap apparently did a flickr search for Fort Myers and came upon some of my older son's pictures from our trip last winter, and requested permission to use them.

How cool is that? To be twelve and to be able to say, "Yeah, this company asked my permission to use some of my pictures in their map software."

Well...in certain extremely nerdy but lovable circles, it would be considered cool...

2 comments:

joker the lurcher said...

hey! me too - look up brighton!

i want an iphone but i fear they will have to come down a whole lot in prive before i am vaguely in that league! i have a friend who works for google who lets me stroke his (iphone of course!) occasionally...

Anonymous said...

Um, I have 3 photos on Schmaps and it make me delirously happy when they asked for them. I nerded out for sure.